Thursday, July 28, 2011

In search of the perfect shoe

Here we go again...I guess when you ramp up the training, the aches and pains are magnified, only this time I'm happy to say it's not my feet but my shins (well, not "happy" to say, really).  Actually, I think it's my shoes which are causing the issue...so it's back to the drawing board to find the "perfect shoe".  This is one of those things that I'm NOT looking forward to because there are so many choices out there and I'm the kind of person who shuts down when there's more than one.  Just ask my sister...she calls me "helicopter shopper"...I go in to a store, turn around in a circle, then I leave.  The problem is even worse when it comes to the internet..good for when you know exactly what you want, bad when you have 1000's of items to wade through.

So I know that a) I have flexible feet, b) I overpronate a bit, and c) since my 2nd toe is longer (again...thanks, Dad) there's more pressure on the MTP joint, so I need to wear supports in my shoes. 

Sounds awesome - and I'm sure you're all immensly intrigued by my foot issues.

Anyway, I've decided internet research just isn't going to cut it for me this time...I'm going to have to bite the bullet and actually go somewhere and ask for help.  Yeesh. 

Here's my (nearby-est) choices:

1.  Sneaker Factory, Basking Ridge, NJ 
2.  Aardvark Sports Shop, Bethlehem, PA
3.  Road Runner Sports, North Brunswick, NJ

As I see it, it's going to be a hike, likely with 3 kids in tow, so needless to say this dampens my lack of enthusiasm even more.  I can just visualize trying to listen to the salesperson, while simultaneously deflecting kid #3 from picking up random product and either throwing, dropping or taking off with it, moderating fights between any combo of kid #1, 2 or 3, and deflecting the ever persistent "mom, can I get this?" question about (insert random product here)...I'm sure you can feel my pain already.

Looks about right..
BUT - it'll all be worth it in the end if it produces the "perfect shoe" and I can merrily go on my way, not a twinge, tweak or iota of ouch in sight...ah, at least one can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment