Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gimme more o' the good stuff...

Well, summer is here...which means longer daylight hours, summer rec for the kids, and the ICC Festival...the latter being the "official" sign of summer for my kids as they count down the months until the Festival arrives from oh, say, about July....

Mmmmm...funnel cake....
So with the arrival of all that is good with summer comes the abundance of food that we otherwise would not eat, let alone have any access to.  I may be tough when it comes to eating well, but about this time of year we slide quite a bit...this past week was no exception.  My kids have been in heaven, but I can say one thing for certain:  I feel like crap.

Could be the long hours I'm logging at the cafe.  Could be that I'm not getting enough sleep at night.  Could also be that I'm feeling a bit 'o stress these days, juggling babysitters, semi pre-cooked dinners at home, and a new business venture...but there's no coincidence that every year at this time I just feel terrible...can anyone say "deep fried everything"?

I always know what the consequences will be...and maybe it's good that each year I prove to myself that eating garbage all day is something that I just don't want to do because I hate the end result (including +2 lbs in a 5 day span...ugh).  So, while I wouldn't recommend anyone go on a "binge junk diet", I believe it's ok to indulge every once in a while...and I just have to  remember next year to indulge in moderation, rather than overdo it!

On another note, this week should be the official start to my training for Marine Corps Marathon.  I've tried to keep up with somewhat of a longer run on the weekend and some shorter runs during the week, but completely fell flat last week.  I'm really hoping to get into more of a routine over the next couple weeks...It would really help if the sun was out until 10pm!  Good thing there's a nice long weekend coming up...I'm looking to get a 10 miler in there somewhere...Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment