Thursday, March 15, 2012

No one said it'd only be point A to point B

In case anyone's worried
Wouldn't it be nice to have a "no-fail manual" for how to do almost everything in life?  Something absolutely clear cut; do this, get that as the result.  Cut & dry, black & white.  No deviations or other scenarios allowed...like 3 kids involved in various activities, a husband training for an Iron Man triathlon...oops, I digress...

Looks like another "must-
read" how-to manual to me
I signed up for a half marathon in April, and am trying to kinda sorta follow a training plan, but so far I think I've actually completed 3 (out of a lot) of the scheduled workouts.  If it were my first race, I'd probably be thinking I should drop out...but I know I'm capable of completing the distance whether or not I follow the plan to a T, so onward I (try to) go.  I'm not expecting a PR (personal record, or best), but knowing race day lies ahead keeps me motivated to try and squeeze a run in when I can.  So, tonight, I expect I'll be on a treadmill after the kids go to bed, but at least I'll have the satisfaction of mood boosting endorphins and knowing I won't let myself give up - doing something good for me and ultimately my family in the long run...for if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy....



No comments:

Post a Comment